Wednesday 4 April 2012

My Spring Break

        On my spring break I did multiple things, but the one I am going to talk about is scuba diving in the recreational center pool. Yes I know how weird that sounds, but I did do it. We learned how to use the air regulators and buttons for elevation in the water. My brother would always float to the top, even if he had no air in his jacket and he was carrying a 30-pound air tank on his back. Also, we learned how to breathe underwater and how to control the button that pushed air into your mouth. You have to hold the regulator upside down so that the air doesn't push out and get wasted. Before we even went in the pool, we had half an hour lesson in a classroom that taught us the basics of scuba, how to put on the equipment and safety.  I plan on using these skills when we go on vacation so I don't have to take the class again. When we were in Mexico, my Dad took a scuba lesson and went diving when we visited Las Caletas. I want to do something like that next time. I want to see lots of sea life, and it would be cool if there was a reef.
Speaking of water and swimming, I also went for a free swim in the rec center pool for about an hour, it was really fun! I mostly went off the high dive and did cannonballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment