Thursday 31 May 2012

Cadet Camp

          One place I wish I could be right now is cadet camp in Vernon, this is my second time attending out of a select amount of cadets all over Canada. But this time I am going to a basic fitness course instead of a general training course. It starts in July and it lasts for about three weeks. We wake up early and start jogging around the camp, but the mess hall has good food so that kind of makes up for it. It is a bunch of buildings together at the south end of Vernon; barracks, mess hall, and so on. Each week we get paid $60 just for showing up and doing what they tell you to do. Basically what general training is you do a little bit of shooting, band, expedition, leadership and some fitness. Last year I did general training for 2 weeks, and I met a lot of people and had a lot of fun. I mostly look forward to it because I will have enough money to preorder Halo 4, the most highly anticipated game of the year, I cant wait until it comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment